Senior Software Engineer
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Execute the development of business-critical applications from concept to deployment by gathering and evaluating requirements, architecting the solution, building the code, and testing to meet or exceed quality standards using established process methodologies and tools.
- Translate requirements to design, architect and document systems, and write code that is stable, reusable, scalable and simple.
- Proactively monitor, maintain and enhance existing systems to increase functionality and optimize performance.
- Gain an intimate knowledge of the business by learning through a mix of project work, partnering with business users, and seeking out learning opportunities.
- Provide support on software applications as required
- Solve business needs with initiative, sound judgment, a strong technical mind and attention to detail
User and Business Interfacing
- Be able to manage the elicitation of business requirements and process
- Apply excellent programming documentation skills including results and identifying possible problems
- Attend and contribute to team meetings in a positive manner.
- Share information with team members.
- Be comfortable in working with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other team members to apply new ideas, practices and tools to improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as required, including covering absences/leave where require.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 5+ years development experience with proven track record of designing scalable, stable software applications.
- Good understanding of MS SQL.
- Strong proficiency in .NET development platform (C#, .NET).
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the languages and packages used in development.
- Passion for learning and applying emerging technologies.