Software Architect (Enterprise)
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions.
- Make design choices, coordinate and oversee technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Work closely with other partners such as product and marketing managers, designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve the efficiency of the solution.
- Work collaboratively with product, marketing, and other engineering teams in order to determine needs for new software, platforms, and applications.
- Utilize tools, technology, and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions for user interfaces of desired products.
- Develop and implement product specifications.
- Pay attention to system integration, sustainability, and feasibility.
- Manage all phases of technology development.
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement.
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility, etc.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Mitigate risks and problem identified in providing the solution.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open source projects that can be used.
- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings in a positive manner.
- Share information with team members.
- Be comfortable in working with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other team members to apply new ideas, practices and tools to improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as required, including covering absences/leave where require.
- BS/Master’s in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- At least 8 years experience with end-to-end system architecture for large enterprises.
- Experience with Architectural patterns for High Availability, Performance, Scale-Out architecture, Disaster Recovery, Security Architecture Knowledge of cloud-based architectures and deployment is a plus
- Software development experience in one or more programming languages – PHP, C#.NET, Python
- Ability to guide the team in all tiers of enterprise applications including front-end technologies like ANGULAR.js , NODE.js , VUE.js
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- The sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.