Senior Network Engineer
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to develop and maintain functional and secure networks. You will mentor junior engineers to troubleshoot and optimize our networks for our users.
In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture. If you’re also passionate about security and data protection, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to establish networks that cater to customer needs.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, support, capacity planning and optimization of Stampede Solution’s network infrastructure.
- Apply expert knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault-tolerant, scalable and flexible network infrastructure for Stampede Solution’s operations.
- Engineer, implement, manage, monitor, optimize, capacity planning and support of Stampede Solution’s network, VoIP and unified communications infrastructure.
- Ensure secure, highly available, and low latency connectivity for Stampede Solution’s internal and customer traffic across the internet.
- Troubleshoot network problems, support application issue resolution and coordinate implementations with other team members.
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Monitor and perform follow-up on compliance violations, and develop security policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Ensure the user community understands and adhere to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Provide thought leadership to disaster recovery planning for infrastructure.
- Coordinate with telecommunications service providers to troubleshoot and resolve outages.
- Collaborate with department leaders to assess near and long-term network capacity needs.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings in a positive manner.
- Share information with team members.
- Be comfortable in working with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other team members to apply new ideas, practices and tools to improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as required, including covering absences/leave where require.
- College or University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of enterprise networking experience: LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP, unified communications, security principles, network management best practices, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, firewall, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring solutions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when troubleshooting telecommunications or server related problems.
- Strong attention to detail.