Senior PHP Developer
Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Complete development projects from initial design to test environment and continue evaluation throughout deployment and lifecycle
- Ensuring best practice development and design patterns
- Assist in the analysis and planning during the design phase of projects
- Execute conversion plans and document possible improvements, identifying disruptions in the processes
- Effectively self-test programming, diagnose problems and debugging code
- Identify opportunities to improve products, software development processes or development environment
- Undertake estimates of the level of effort required to complete software design, development and testing tasks
- Support and develop junior developers by providing advice, coaching and mentoring.
- Provide support on software applications as required
- Solve business needs with initiative, sound judgment, a strong technical mind and attention to detai
- Attend and contribute to team meetings in a positive manner.
- Share information with team members.
- Be comfortable in working with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other team members to apply new ideas, practices and tools to improve the team’s effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as required, including covering absences/leave where require.
- 5+ years development experience with proven track record of designing scalable, stable software applications.
- Strong proficiency in PHP and preferably Laravel framework.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
- Familiar with version control via Gitbhub.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Knowledge of unit testing theory.